The time is now for the annual Idaho super hunt drawing. Each year Idaho Game and Fish (IDGF) provides hunters with the ability to hunt elk, deer, pronghorn, or moose in any open unit, including controlled hunt areas, during any open season. There is even an opportunity to get drawn for the combo tag allowing a lucky winner to hunt all four species.
How It Works
- There are two drawings, the first deadline is May 31st and the second deadline is August 10th. Each drawing is separate so your entries into the first drawing don’t roll into the second drawing, you must apply separately for each drawing.
- The first drawing gives out eight deer, elk, and pronghorn tags each and one moose and one combo tag for a total of 26 tags.
- The second drawing gives out two deer, elk, and pronghorn tags each and one moose and one combo tag for a total of 8 more tags.
- These tags are separate and allow the recipient to harvest an additional animal if you were lucky enough to get a tag in the normal draw process.
- These tags are good for any open hunt, including controlled hunts. You just have to abide by the season hunt method and structure of the dates but as long as an area is open you can hunt with the super tags.
- The drawing is open to residents and non-residents and there isn’t a limit on the number of tickets you can purchase.