Arizona has three draw cycles every year and the fall hunt application period is now open. During this draw cycle, you can apply for bighorn sheep, fall bison, deer, fall javelina, sandhill crane, and fall turkey. All of these draws are for hunts in the fall of 2022 to those lucky enough to get a tag.
What to know:
- You can only apply through the big game draw portal page located here.
- You need a customer ID, there are a few ways to obtain this ID; via the portal, your hunting or fishing license (if it was purchased online), or by calling 602-942-3000.
- You must have a valid hunting license at the time you apply.
- You will also need the patience to navigate the website which requires the same questions to be answered for each species you apply for in the draw.
- The drawing deadline is June 14th, 2022 at 11:59 PM and results are generally available through your online portal account around early to mid-July.
- Hunt tags are mailed out by August 5th, 2022 for this draw cycle.
It is always a good idea to study the current regulations before applying for any species so you can learn more about the draw. The 2022 – 2023 Arizona Hunting Regulations are found online at the AZGFD website.
Hunting regulations change from year to year in most states. Arizona is constantly changing its regulations like many other states and 2022 is no different. Subsequently, Two recent articles we have written dive into these changes. You can read about the changes to archery OTC deer hunts by clicking here. Likewise, you can read about the changes coming to predator hunting in the state by clicking here. Thanks for reading!