Everyone loves tacos! Well, at least I think everyone does. As hunters, we typically have the benefit of extra protein waiting for us in the freezer. That usually leaves us thinking of extra ways to cook this wonderful gift. There are hundreds of venison recipes on the web. One of my favorites is sweet pork tacos. Let’s be honest I like any protein that’s wrapped in a tortilla. Fresh tortillas, shredded venison, and veggies make a great meal for the whole family. Now let’s get to the “meat” of this article, tacos!
- 2 lbs of trimmed and cubbed venison roast or cut venison steaks.
- 16 oz of Dr. Pepper, you can simply use the new “tall boy” cans of Dr. Pepper.
- 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- 3 chopped garlic cloves.
- 1 can (4 oz) of green chilies.
- 1 can (10 oz) of red enchilada sauce
- Pour the 16 oz of Dr. Pepper into the Instant Pot. Add in the brown sugar, and chopped garlic cloves.
- Add in the enchilada sauce and green chilies. Wisk or mix the liquid and garlic. Add in the venison.
- Set the Instant Pot to the “pressure cook” settings for 45 minutes. Once the 45 minutes us up, flip the vent valve and let the pressure release. Drain the excess liquid and shred the meat.
- Cut up whatever veggies you like with your tacos. I personally like cilantro, fresh lettuce, and tomatoes. Also, don’t forget the lime!
- Heat up the tortillas, add your favorite hot sauce or sour cream and enjoy.
I make this recipe fairly often and my kids love it. I hope you and your family enjoy it and I think you will. Like I said above who doesn’t love tacos! Be sure to check out some of our other recipes.
We love wild game recipes and we do our best to bring them to you. Let us know if you make this recipe and how you liked it.